Friday, June 20, 2008

Hollywood's Best Kept Secret

I know that I often say things on this blog that are pretty debatable, so I thought I'd start off this post with something we can all agree on: Robert Downey, Jr. is the freakin' man.

Seriously, anyone who's seen Iron Man or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (just watch it; you'll thank me later) knows this guy is one of the funniest, most charismatic actors out there, yet he still more than lives up to his job description. So just when I thought he couldn't be any more talented, he goes and proves me wrong. Thanks to some aimless youtube searching a few days ago, I came across a video of him recording a song. Apparently, he released an album called The Futurist in 2004! And let me tell you, he can sing.

It's absolutely criminal that more people don't know about his vocal skills, so I'm sharing the video here. Give it a listen, and don't be too startled by the man with multi-colored facial hair; there's an introduction with the producers and collaborators.



What did I tell you? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Downey were also a champion unicyclist.


Editor's Note: Apparently this video is gone. You can listen to the song here, or enjoy the great Bruce Springsteen cover he performed on Ally McBeal:


No comments: